On a simple "Hello, World" test we are still about 1 second behind the pure software JamVM version, which makes performance optimizations one of our primary goals. We started by counting all occurring traps and measuring time spent in them. This provided us with some interesting and valuable information, which we presented at FOSDEM this year. Next we want to find out exactly which code fragments take most time, so, we used oprofile. For this we had to upgrade to the current version 2.3.0 of the AVR32 buildroot. Now we've got some preliminary results, which seem to point at UTF-8 string hashing, and at memory allocation in the kernel.